- 20 May 2021
Just like the vividness in various things present all around the world, is the vividness in dishes too. Every place has its own unique methods that they use in preparing their dishes. One such traditional dish originally from Spain is Spanish omelette or Spanish tortilla.
Spanish omelette is one of the signature dishes in the Spanish cuisine, made with eggs and potatoes, optionally including onion. It doesn't require any fancy ingredients and is still very yummy and different from the regular omelettes that we generally eat. So let's see how to prepare it.
Onion 1 cup (chopped)
Olive oil 1/2cup
Chilli flakes 1/2tsp
Salt To taste.
Black pepper powder 1/2tsp
Check out your Kitchen accesories here
* Steps for preparation
1. Heat olive oil in a non stick medium sized pan and fry the chopped onions and potatoes until golden and tender. Drain excess oil using a metal colander and set the fried onion and potatoes aside.
2. Return the potatoes and onions to the same pan and add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to it then mix it and spread evenly in the pan.
3. Take a bowl and beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Pour egg mixture into the pan, moving the potatoes and onions around the eggs using spatula. move the eggs around to ensure the eggs cook on the bottom. Then cover it with a lid for 3 mins.
4. Now the eggs are cooked from the bottom so we need to flip it for this place a big , round plate on the top of the pan, and with your hand hold the plate, flip the tortilla onto the plate. Then slide the tortilla back into the pan carefully. Cover it for another mins.
5. Keep cooking and gently shaking the pan so that the tortillas does not stick to the bottom until completely cooked through.
6. To remove the omelet( tortilla) from the pan again place the clean plate and flip the tortilla. Garnish it and serve hot with bread.
* For more recipes visit my youtube channel: #MyFoodMyPassion