- 20 May 2021
JioMart, the latest entrant to e-commerce market dominated by Amazon and Flipkart, has launched its services in Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan on trial basis. Customers can book their order using Whatsapp. JioMart is not offering home delivery as of now. Customers need to pick-up the items from the designated kirana store by paying the cost at the shop.
JioMart is launched under the JioPlatforms of Reliance Industries Limited after the mega deal of Rs 43574 cr with Facebook in last week. JioMart will roll out its dedicated JioMart app very soon and will offer free home delivery, express delivery services and ‘never before savings’ once the JioMart app is launched.
How to order on JioMart
1. Save the JioMart WhatsApp number — 88500 08000
2. Send a “Hi” message to JioMart on WhatsApp.
3. You will receive an automated text reply from JioMart with a link to select your locality and products. The link will be valid only for 30 minutes after you receive it. You can send a ‘Hi’ again to receive a new link if the original URL expired.
4. Click on the link and fill up the form and click “proceed”.
5. Select the items you wish to order and then click “Place Order”.
6. You will receive order confirmation with designated kirana store. It will contain Google Maps link to the kirana store.
7. The merchant will update you once the order is ready, after that you need to visit the store and collect your JioMart order by paying at the shop.
JioMart promises that orders placed using JioMart before 7pm will be available for pick up at your nearest JioMart Kirana store within next 48 hours. Customers can order for over 50000 items including groceries and other essential items as of now.