- 20 May 2021
Pomphret, a fish often found in coastal regions, is a prime ingredient of most fish recipes in India. This recipe is unique and famous among tourists in Goa and Andman islands.
Pomfret is one of my all time favorite fish to cook and this recipe is one of the easiest way of cooking it. You can serve it as a main course or as an appetizer or even a side dish with your meals. Try it you will love the flavour very much.
* How to Make Pomfret fry,All details checkout:
Serves : 2
Preparation time: 30mts
Cooking time: 10mts
- Pomfret fish: 2 medium size
- Lemon juice: 1/2(or as required)
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Tumeric powder: 1/2 TSP
- Fish masala: 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour: 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tsp
- Oil : 1tsp (for merinate)
- Oil: 2-3 tbsp(for frying)
Check out your Kitchen accesories here
* Steps for preparation
1. Take small size pomfret and make small slits in it and then rub it with lemon juice.
2. Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Then add 1 tsp oil and mix again.
3. Now massage the fish thoroughly with the spice mix and fill all the cavities with it. Set the fish aside for 15 mins.
4. Then heat a tawa or flat pan on medium flame and add 2 to 3 tbsp oil in it when the oil is hot enough add the marinated fish to it and cover it with a lid.
5. Cook the fish on one side for 4 to 5 mins then flip it carefully and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 mins.
6. The fish is ready to be served enjoy it with lemon.
And for more recipes visit my youtube channel #MyFoodMyPassion