- 17 Aug 2021
Poori are deep fried bread made instantly with stuffing or without stuffing.Dall poori is one of the stuffed version. To make dall poori we use chana dall stuffing.
Step by step recipe explains how to make Dal puri check out below
-> Whole wheat flour. 1 cup
-> Refined flour. 1/2 cup
-> Chana dal 1/2cup
-> Cumin seeds. 1/2tsp
-> Ajwain(carom seeds) 1/2 tsp
-> Kasoori methi. 1/4tsp
-> Chat masala 1/2 TSP
-> Black salt. 1/4 tsp
-> Tumeric. 1/2tsp
-> Red dry chilli. 3-4
-> Ghee. 1tbsp
-> Salt. To taste
* Steps for preparation
1. Wash and soak chana dal for 4-5 hours. Then strain it and set aside.
2. Heat a flat pan add some oil then add cumin seeds, carom seeds, asafoetida, dry red chillies to it, add the chana dal stir well and cover it with a lid for 5 mins.
3.check the dal add some salt, tumeric powder and mix well again put the lid again for 3-5 mins until the dal is cooked.
4. Let the dal cool then grind it well.
5. Into a big bowl add both the flour, ghee, carom seeds and some salt then, rub the mixture . Now make soft dough using sufficient water cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside.
6. Prepare small rounds from the dough. Wrap some dal mixture in each roundel of dough and make into small balls.
7. Carefully roll out each ball with a rolling pin into small 4 inch diameter circles.
8. Heat cooking oil in a deep kadhai, then deep fry the dall poori es.
9. Serve hot with chutney, dahi and achar.
* For its full video visit the link below,For more video visit my youtube channel #MyFoodMyPassion