- 20 May 2021
Daal Karela is a healthy delicious easy recipe.Sliced bitter gourd is cooked with soaked and cooked chana dal. It is best for diabetic meal plan as it is less spicy and made with chana and karela which are both considered good for health.
Pulses are rich in protein and Karela ( Bitter Gourd ) is rich in vitamins and several key nutrients. Daal Karela can be the anti cancer food which also helps to maintain a low cholesterol level and maintaining blood sugar for diabetic patients. It also a glowinf lustrous look to your face and hair. The great thing about the Indian food, it takes care of taste as well as health.
Learn how to make your own Chana dal and karela ki sabji, a step by step explanation below.
-> Chana dal. 1 cup
-> Karela. 200gm
-> Onion chopped. 1 cup
-> Garlic slices. 1 tsp
-> Tomato chopped. 1cup
-> Green chillies. 4-5
-> Cumin seeds. 1 tsp
-> Bay leaves. 1 or 2
-> Salt to taste
-> Turmeric powder. 1tsp
-> Chilli powder. 1/2tsp
-> Chicken masala. 1tsp
-> Coriander powder. 1tsp
* Steps for preparation
1. Wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour. Then rinse it and boil it with salt and tumeric in a a presure cooker for 3 whistle.
2. Heat a kadhai and add oil, when the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and bay leaves then the sliced garlic and chopped onion, fry for 3 to 4 mins.
3. When the onion softens, add the sliced bitter gourd to it and cook till it is soft or cooked through.
4. Now add the powdered 1 spices and salt to it and then cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. You can see all the spices are cooked now, so we will add tomatoes to it and cook it for some time.
6. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and add the cooked chana dal to it.
7. Seamer on a low flame for 7 to 10 minutes garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
* For its full video visit the link below,For more video visit my youtube channel #MyFoodMyPassion