- 18 Oct 2020
Windows update is an integral part of Windows OS delivered by Microsoft free of cost through Windows update service. These updates are important of security and other important features rolled out by Microsoft from time to time. However sometimes you may face some errors while downloading updates for your Windows system.
Windows update error 0x80070422 may occur while downloading updates. It may occur due to several reasons that may be disabled Windows update service, corrupt system files or any network related issue. We will discuss how to fix Windows Update Error 0x80070422 in Windows system.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070422
There are several methods to fix error 0x80070422 in Windows. We will be briefing them one by one.
Method 1: Start Windows Update Service
Windows update service in Windows handles all the processes related to Windows Update. Windows Update Error 0x80070422 may occur if Windows Update Service is stopped. Starting the Windows update service may fix Error 0x80070422 in Windows. Follow the steps below to start (enable) the Windows update service.
1. Open Run dialog box (Windows + R), type services.msc and press Enter
2. Scroll down to Windows Update > Right Click > Properties
3. In General tab > Startup type > Select Automatic (Click Start if stopped)
4. Click Apply and OK.
In addition to enabling Windows update service also check and make the following services running by steps mentioned above.
· Windows Firewall
· BitLocker Drive Encryption Service
· DCOM Server Process Launcher
· Network Connections
Now restart your computer and try to download updates again.
Method 2: Restart Network List Service
1. Windows + R > Services.msc
2. Scroll down to Network List Service > select stop and then restart.
Method 3: Disable IPv6
1. Open Control panel > Network and Sharing Center (or Windows + R > type ncpa.cpl and press Enter)
2. Select your connection > Right Click and select Properties
3. Go to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) > uncheck
4. Click OK and restart your computer.
Method 4: Enable featured software from Registry
1. Windows + R > type Regedit and press Enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Windows Update > Auto Update (however this path to reach Enable Featured Software might be different depending on version of Windows)
3. Double click the default file and set the value to 1 and click OK.
Method 5: Creating .BAT file to fix error 0x80070422
1. Open Notepad and paste the following text in the notepad
Notepad:sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start DcomLaunch
2. Now the file as All Files and name it repair.bat.
3. Right click on the file and select Run as administrator.
4. Click yes to the command prompt dialog box. It will execute the operations and fix the Windows Update Error 0x80070422.
Method 6: Use System File Checker
This method can be useful since the Error 0x80070422 may occur due to corrupt system files. Follow the detailed instructions on how to use System File Checker to fix Corrupt and missing files problem in Windows.
Method 7: Run Windows update troubleshooter
1. Type Settings in the search box and select Troubleshoot
2. Now select Windows Update
3. Run the Troubleshooter
We hope any of the above steps may resolve the error 0x80070422 in Windows. This is one of most common and simple errors in Windows and can be easily solved following the steps mentioned above.